Within all of our training programs, we offer pace groups for people of all abilities - including walking!
Our walking groups are for all kinds of people - from those who are just getting their fitness journey started and hoping to eventually move on to running, those who have been a runner in the past but now find themselves staying active through walking, and those who just love to walk!
Benefits of Walking Training (adapted from the Mayo Clinic) :
Physical activity doesn't need to be complicated. Something as simple as a daily brisk walk can help you live a healthier life. Here are just a few benefits:
- Maintain a healthy weight
- Prevent or manage various conditions, including heart disease, high blood pressure and type 2 diabetes
- Strengthen your bones and muscles
- Improve your mood
- Improve your balance and coordination
The faster, farther and more frequently you walk, the greater the benefits.
When you become a regular walker, you will have established a regular routine—and when you have a routine, you are more likely to continue with the activity and take on new healthy behaviors. "I firmly believe that walking regularly can help you to accomplish other goals you set your mind to," says Kim Evans, a personal trainer, and daily walker. Prevention Magazine
Training Programs Offering Walking Groups:
- No Boundaries - 5K Training - LEARN MORE AND REGISTER - available at all 3 stores
- Pathways - 10K Training - LEARN MORE AND REGISTER - available at Fleet Feet KingsPointe
- HIT (Halfer in Training) - Half Marathon Training - LEARN MORE AND REGISTER
- MIT (Marathoner in Training) - Full Marathon Training - LEARN MORE AND REGISTER